Friday, 11 April 2014

In the Pink

It's not often that I find myself agreeing with Austin Healy, but the former England scrum-half and general rugby rentagob has come up with an interesting suggestion to assist rugby's beleaguered TMOs.

Healy's suggestion is that rugby balls should be luminous pink or green rather than white, giving the officials a better chance of seeing the ball and making the correct decision when it is hidden among a  collection of bodies over the line following a driving maul.
It's not such a terrible idea provided, of course, that bright pink or green shirts are outlawed.
Better decision making and the end of crap rugby shirts - as far as I'm concerned that's a win, win.

1 comment:

Nursedude said...

I think any neon color, be it lime, pink or orange for the balls would not be a bad idea for being able to track the ball better. Might have to go with a couple of different color schemes, because I don't see Stade français ditching their pink uniforms.